Saturday, October 28
Golf – Food – Friends – Fun!!!
Green and Cart Fees Included / Gift for all players and great prizes!!
Skills Competition –Putting Contest – 50/50 Drawing
- Classic “Match Around” Format
- Played from White Tees (65 and older with 19+Hcp Gold Tees)
- Flights of Four 2-Man Teams – Max 16 Teams
- Three 9-hole Matches Saturday, October 28 – After Play: Flight winners Go To 2-Hole “Shootout” / Skills Challenge / Putting Contest / Crab Feast (And Fried Chicken)
- Shootout Winner will be the Overall Champion
- 2023 Captain’s Club Full Members — $175/Player
- Current Skipjack Card Holders — $200/Player
- Guest (with one of the 2 categories above) — $200/Player
Teams can consist of any Combination of
- Captain’s Club (2023) Full Member or Young Adult
- Skipjack Card Holder (Current)
- Guest (Guest must be paired with 1 of the 2 categories above)
Sign Up Ends Sunday Oct Friday Oct 20 at 5:00PM or when 16 Teams have submitted a paid entry (Cash Or Check Please) – A Waiting List will be formed if there is interest enough to sign up 20 Teams
Call the Pro Shop 410-651-5900 or email Jack Skilling, PGA at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
2023 Member-Guest Rules and Format
USGA RULES will govern all play except where amended by local rules
Three (3) 9-hole matches in flights of 4 teams. Each team will play the other 3 teams with all 3 matches Saturday using tee times from 8:00 AM on #1. Play will be better ball of partners net and stroked off the lowest handicap of the 4 players. Each match has a possible 9 points maximum, with one point awarded to the winner of each hole and ½ points for tied holes. No extra point will be given to the winner of the match
The flight winner will be the team with the most points after the 3rd match.
Pairings for the 4th nine-hole match will be the #1 point total vs. the #4 point total in the flight, and the #2 vs.# 3point totals. The flight winner will be the team with the most points after the 4th match.
1st tiebreaker: Head to head results.
2nd tiebreaker: Number of points won against 3rd Place team in flight.
3rd tiebreaker: Number of points won against 4th Place team in flight.
4th tiebreaker: Coin Flip.
The winners of each flight will participate in a “shootout” to determine the Champion. The shootout will begin on Hole #1 and finish on #2.
Shootout Format: Modified Alternate Shot using team handicap (see details below). On the 1st tee ONLY, both players may tee off and the team may select which ball to play then alternate until holed. The highest scoring team will be eliminated. In case of a tie on #1, a “chip-off” will occur with the team whose player is closest to the hole advancing.
On #2, one team member will hit the tee shot then alternate until holed. In case of a tie on #2, a “chip-off” will occur with the team whose player is closest to the hole winning. Teammates may NOT view their partner’s chip.
The average handicap for the team (rounded up) will apply for the shootout, with the lowest flight winner’s average handicap deducted from the remaining flight winners’ average handicaps and appropriate strokes applied.
- A ball may not be substituted during the play of a hole unless damaged. Do NOT switch balls with your partner. You must determine which ball you will play as a team. The ball is to be played as it lies.